Looking to use your best seller book to grow your business by attracting your perfect clients?
Ready to use your book to elevate your credibility as an expert so that you can increase your income?
Great, you’re in the right place! We’re going to blow up 5 myths about how your business book can help you!
Your Book Introduces You to Potential Clients
It’s your book’s job to get you on the radar of perfect clients who haven’t heard about you yet.
We’re assuming you’ve already finished your book about your business and you have, or plan to soon, self-publish it on Amazon. Publishing your book on Amazon is wise because at the end of 2015, the site had 304 million active customer accounts. Lot of those people are looking for answers to problems like the ones you solve!
Your book educates readers about how you uniquely solve the problems they’re wrestling with.
It explains the steps in the process or system you use to help people get from where they are (with a big problem or goal) to where they want to be (problem solved, dream accomplished).
You’ve also provided a generous number of riveting stories, anecdotes and case studies. These are clear examples of how your clients have put your system into action and gotten massive results.
Your book is done. Whew. You’re thrilled that the writing, editing, and publishing work is done!
It’s time to put this puppy to work for you!
Myth #1: The only time you can become a best seller is when you initially publish your book.
This isn’t true but it is a common misunderstanding. We know, because we’ve helped authors re-launch their business books on Amazon a few years after they were originally published.
Getting your book to a Best Seller is a marketing campaign that is best completed by someone who understands how Amazon works. Click here to learn how we help you with an Amazon Best Seller campaign.
Bonus advantage: As a self-published Amazon author, you can update your book any time you wish. This is can be profitable after you’ve enhanced your process or system, added new products/services, or your industry’s experiencing major changes.
Myth #2: To become a best seller you have to sell hundreds or thousands of books over a long time period.
That’s not the case. Other Best Seller programs are based on meeting a certain number of sales over an extended time like 4 weeks. That’s just not how Amazon currently works.
Myth #3: When you become a best selling author, your business automatically grows.
Ah, if this were only true. You must continue to do what you’ve always done to attract, connect with and enroll new customers. That includes, blogging, networking, speaking, and creating/maintaining relationships with potential new clients and referral partners, just as you always have.
Your book makes client-finding and client-winning work easier because it’s a way-better business card. You can:
- Send a copy of your book to meeting and conference planners when requesting a speaking slot so that your speaker application shines compared to others.
- Standout from the crowd by handing a copy of your book with the #1 designation on the front cover to a prospect instead of a business card. Consider how memorable this will make you during seminars, conferences, and other live events.
- Many meeting planners now consider a published book a must-have rather than a nice-to-have when booking speakers.
- Include your #1 Best Selling Author status in marketing collateral, speaker one sheet, bio, LinkedIn / other social media profiles and email signature.
- Ship your book directly from Amazon to a prospective client or partner in a gift-wrapped box. This is genius because it deftly bypasses your prospects’ protective gatekeepers.
- Gatekeepers: the folks who normally won’t put your call through to said prospect. Fortunately for you, administrative assistants won’t open an Amazon box or, more importantly, a gift-wrapped item inside! Instead, they will place it on the desk of your potential new client.
Myth # 4: For your book to have a positive impact on your business, you have to continue selling lots of books for months or years.
Being a Best Seller or #1 Best Seller will have more of an impact. Books don’t come with an indication of the total number of sales. However, you can put a Best Seller or #1 Best Seller badge on your book cover.
Myth #5: You have to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in order to get your book to a best seller.
This is completely true if you’re intent on becoming a New York Times best seller.
If you’re aware of the power of Amazon, it’s reach and clout as the new search engine, then you will understand that it costs nowhere near what other programs cost.
Becoming an Amazon Best Seller is a game changer for your business.
We wish you big success in becoming an Amazon Best Selling author and growing your business. Click here to find out how we can help you.