Looking for ways to attract prospects to your business? And to make a greater impact with prospects who don’t know you yet?
Have you found that marketing suggestions are stunningly predictable? Do they fall along these lines?
- Send more email.
- Publish a blog.
- Post on social media sites. More.
- Spend more on search engine optimization (SEO).
- Buy, learn and implement a CRM (customer relationship management system).
- Follow up more.
- Speak at events.
Don’t get me wrong. These are valuable marketing and business growth tactics. I agree with them all.
And, as a marketing consultant, I’ve made EVERYONE of these recommendations to my clients. I’ve implemented all of these for my clients over the years.
We should absolutely all implement them!
However, with all that, you qualify as a “Me To” player. So, don’t stop there.
What if you took a dramatically different marketing direction?
What if you added a powerful new tactic to your prospecting arsenal?
What if when you meet a prospect, you gave him or her something more memorable than a business card?
Like a copy of your book? Your self-published book!
What if, along with your monthly email newsletter to prospects and customers, you included a link to your newly published book on Amazon? How powerful is that?
How would YOU feel if a new contact handed you a book instead of a business card?
You do have plans to publish a book, right? If you don’t currently have a book, have you considered writing one? What seems to be the holdup?
Think about the positive effect having a book might bring.
4 Ways Your Book Helps You Attract Prospects
1. Standout among all your competitors. When it comes to attracting prospects, you want to demonstrate your skills, expertise and experience in a way that sets you apart. You need a way that opens a new dialogue between you and your existing and prospective customers.
Now consider a book–your book—and how it would change the conversation. It’s the equivalent of everyone, who reads it, having a one-to-one conversation with you.
You have a stage to showcase your skills, expertise and experience with lots of room for supporting materials. You can have a deeper conversation when you create a book.
The question is: how would you like to change the way you to get in front of them?
Now, imagine your book. You think this might be a game changer?
2. It’s your time! You are sick and tired of others in your industry, with less experience and expertise than you, getting speaking gigs, landing premier clients and racking up big sale after big sale.
Your book opens doors to speaking invitations and introductions to top clients and customers!
3. You’re ready to take the next step in your business. You need to hit the ‘become-a-big-influencer jackpot’. You want to become THE go-to expert in your industry. Again, your book is the pathway to elevate the perception of your expertise.
4. March up the behind-the-scenes path to recognition. Deepen your credibility and build a bigger business. That means getting your expertise down (telling your story) in a book…that any prospect, anywhere can find it. Learn about you. Follow you. Contact you. Hire you.
So are you ready to create your book and publish it on Amazon? Amazon.com is the 11th most visited site on the web (Source: Wikipedia).
Don’t be an ambling armadillo and offer a me-too business card.
Be bolder! Create and share your book!
Stay with me. In my next post, I’ll talk about a new way to create and self publish a book.
It’s the Porche-approach to developing a book compared to the pen and quill method.
If you’d like to learn how to save a ton of time when creating a book, join our list here.
Image courtesy flickr Nina Matthews Photography