Looking for ways to attract more prospects to your business? And to make a greater impact with potential clients who don’t know you yet?
Have you found that marketing suggestions are stunningly predictable? Do they fall along these lines?
- Send more email.
- Publish a blog.
- Post on social media sites. More.
- Spend more on search engine optimization (SEO).
- Buy, learn and implement a CRM (customer relationship management system).
- Follow up more.
- Speak at events.
Don’t get me wrong. These are valuable marketing and business growth tactics. I agree with them all.
And, as a marketing consultant, I’ve made each of these recommendations to clients. I’ve implemented all of these for my clients over the years.
We should absolutely all implement them!
However, with all that, you qualify as a “Me Too” player. So, don’t stop there.
What if you took a dramatically different marketing direction?
What if you added a powerful new tactic to your prospecting arsenal?
What if when you meet a prospect, you gave him or her something more memorable than a business card?
Like a copy of your book? Your self-published business book!
What if, along with your monthly email newsletter to prospects and customers, you included a link to your newly published book on Amazon? How powerful is that?
How would you feel if a new contact handed you their book instead of a business card? Impressed? Wouldn’t it be great if YOUR potential clients felt that same way about you, when you hand them your published book?
Publishing a book is wildly impressive because study after study shows that 80 to 90 percent of us want to write a book. And not nearly that many actually do so. You will stand out because you’ve gotten your work into a book.
How Does Your Published Book Help Grow Your Business?
Your book teaches potential clients about your expertise: how you help people like them get from where they are to where they want to be.
- When your ideal clients are looking to solve problems, they often click over to Amazon to see what’s new in books on their topic.
- Your book is a long, deep, engaging, insightful conversation with your ideal client–who you haven’t met yet.
- It explains the background of the pain points and problems you solve, why they must be solved, how you go about solving them, and highlights the pitfalls of not solving them.
- After reading your book, future clients are going to visit your website or contact you. Because you’ve conveniently provided multiple ways for them to reach you inside your book.
- Clients ready to solve BIG problems do research first. Amazon is a popular stop.
You do have plans to publish a book, right? If you don’t currently have a book, have you considered writing one? What seems to be the holdup?
Think about the positive effect having a book might bring.
4 Ways Your Published Book Helps Attract Prospects
1. Standout among all your competitors. When it comes to attracting prospects, you want to demonstrate your skills, expertise and experience in a way that sets you apart. You need a way that opens a new dialogue between you and your existing and prospective customers.
Now consider a book–your book—and how it would change the conversation. It’s the equivalent of everyone, who reads it, having a one-to-one conversation with you.
You have a stage to showcase your skills, expertise and experience with lots of room for supporting materials. You can have a deeper conversation when you create a book.
The question is: how would you like to change the way you to get in front of them?
Now, imagine your book. You think this might be a game changer?
2. It’s your time! You are sick and tired of others in your industry, with less experience and expertise than you, getting speaking gigs, landing premier clients and racking up big sale after big sale.
Your book opens doors to speaking invitations and introductions to top clients and customers! Conference organizers love to book speakers who have a published book. That’s frequently one of the questions they ask now when you apply to be a speaker at their event.
3. You’re ready to take the next step in your business. You need to hit the ‘become-a-big-influencer jackpot’. You want to become THE go-to expert in your industry. Again, your book is the pathway to elevate the perception of your expertise.
4. Immediately raise your credibility. Deepen your credibility, make it easier for clients with the problems you solve to find you, and build a bigger business. That means getting your expertise down (telling your story) in a book…that any prospect, anywhere can find it (Hello, Amazon). Learn about you. Follow you. Contact you. Hire you.
So are you ready to create your book and publish it on Amazon? Amazon.com is the 11th most visited site on the web (Source: Wikipedia).
Don’t be an ambling armadillo and offer a me-too business card.
Be bolder! Create and share your book!
Stay with me. In my next post, I’ll share a new, efficient, speedier way to create and self publish your business book.
It’s today’s approach to developing a book compared to the pen and quill method.
If you’d like to learn how to save a ton of time when creating a book, notice we didn’t say, “write a book” join our list here.
Image courtesy flickr Nina Matthews Photography